EB welding services
EBW provide electron beam welding services for worldwide customers. EBW accept custom design components eb welding service. EBW already service for aerospace, defense, electronics, scientific research, medical, high-speed train, heavy-duty truck, cargo vessel, etc.
Electron beam welding principle
Electrons escape from the emitter (cathode) in the electron gun, and under the action of accelerating voltage, the electrons are accelerated to 0.3 to 0.7 times the speed of light and have a certain kinetic energy.
Then, through the action of electrostatic lens and electromagnetic lens in the electron gun, the electron beam current with high power density is converged.
This electron beam hits the surface of the workpiece, and the kinetic energy of the electrons is converted into heat energy, causing the metal to melt and evaporate rapidly.
Under the action of high-pressure metal vapor, a small hole is quickly "drilled" on the surface of the workpiece, also known as the "keyhole". With the relative movement of the electron beam and the workpiece, the liquid metal flows around the small hole to the back of the molten pool and cooled and solidified to form a weld.
Electron beam welding applications
The power density of the electron beam is high, the deformation and shrinkage of the workpiece during the welding process are small, the heat-affected zone of the weld is small, the welding precision is high, and the depth-to-width ratio of the weld is large. In vacuum electron beam welding, the chemical composition of the weld pure.
Therefore, electron beam welding
is often used in the following fields:
1) Suitable for welding refractory metals, active metals and high-purity metals.
2) It is suitable for welding dissimilar metal materials that cannot be welded by fusion welding.
3) It can weld economical fire or work-hardened metals.
4) Due to the small heat-affected zone of the weld, parts close to heat-sensitive materials can be welded.
5) It is possible to weld parts that have been finished to the final size.
6) The electron beam can shoot out a distance of several hundred millimeters, and can weld parts that cannot be accessed by other welding methods.
7) Non-vacuum electron beam welding is not limited by the size of the working chamber. Not only can large parts be welded in all positions, but also high-speed welding can be performed, which can greatly reduce the cost of mass production and improve work efficiency.
Benefits of electron beam welding
Electron beam welding
is widely used in many industries such as aerospace, atomic energy, national defense and military industry, automobile and electrical instrumentation because of its advantages of no welding rod, no oxidation, good process repeatability and small thermal deformation.
Electron beam welding advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of electron beam welding
Because of its unique heat transfer mechanism and pure welding environment, vacuum electron beam welding has the following advantages compared with other fusion welding methods:
1. The penetration ability of the electron beam is strong, and the depth-to-width ratio of the weld is large, which can reach 50:1 internationally, and 15-25:1 on domestic production equipment.
2. Electron beam welding can complete single-pass large-thickness welding without opening grooves. The one-time single-pass welding depth of foreign research institutions can reach 300 mm, and domestic production equipment can reach 70-100 mm. Compared with arc welding, it can save auxiliary materials. The consumption of materials and power is dozens of times, and the welding efficiency is high.
3. Fast welding speed and small heat-affected zone. The welding speed of electron beam welding is generally above 0.5-1m/min, and the heat-affected zone of electron beam welding seam is very small, sometimes almost non-existent.
4. Small welding deformation. The minimum welding line energy of electron beam welding and the characteristic of "parallel weld seam" make the deformation of electron beam welding less. Therefore, for finished workpieces, electron beam welding can be used as the final joining process, and the high precision of foot movement can still be maintained after welding.
5. Welding in a vacuum environment is conducive to improving the quality of the weld. Vacuum electron beam welding can not only prevent the molten metal from being polluted by hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen and other harmful gases, but also facilitate the degassing and purification of the weld metal, so it is especially suitable for the welding of vivid metals. Electron beam welding is also commonly used to weld vacuum-sealed components, and the interior of the components remains in a vacuum state after welding.
6. Good welding accessibility. The electron beam can be transmitted to a far position for welding in a vacuum, as long as the beam current can reach, it can be welded. Therefore, it is possible to carry out welding of difficult-to-access parts such as welding torches and electrodes by general welding methods.
7.The electron beam is easy to control. By manipulating the deflection of the electron beam, it is possible to complete the welding of complex seams. The weld pool can be scanned by the electron beam to eliminate defects and improve joint quality.
Disadvantages of electron beam welding
Electron beam welding is a method of welding using the heat generated by the bombardment of accelerated and focused electron beams on weldments placed in vacuum or non-vacuum. So far, electron beam welding has become a mature processing technology through continuous development, and plays a pivotal role in both automobile manufacturing and aerospace.
But it also has many disadvantages. From the principle of electron beam welding, we can directly see a disadvantage, that is, the welding equipment of electron beam welding is relatively complicated, and the cost of electron beam welder
is relatively expensive. Affected by stray electromagnetic fields, we must always pay attention during welding, so as to ensure the quality of welding. In electron beam welding, the stability of the electron beam to the welding position is not very good, because the gap between the two components to be welded is relatively complicated, which will cause the welding position to be wrong. Another thing is that the welding method of electron beam welding is to form a ray, and this ray is harmful to the operator, so it is necessary to pay attention to the protection at all times during welding, so as to ensure the safety and health of the welders.
Cases of electron beam welding
How to order an electron beam welding service?
If you need electron beam service, please fill below form or send email to email@example.com